Job Title: Guard
Job Type: Varies
Description: Location: within any NAN FN community
Full Description: Download/View
Posting Status: OPEN
In order to apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- Be of good character and not have a criminal record for which a pardon has no been granted
- Keep information obtained while employed as a guard/matron confidential and must be willing to sign an oath of secrecy and confidentiality
- You are reliable and willing to work at a moments notice at any time
- You are available evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to undergo training (First Aid/CPR)
- Must reside in a community served by NAPS
- Monitoring of person(s) in custody
- Responsible for the well being and protection of person(s) in custody
- Assist officers with searches of person(s) in custody
- Documenting behavior of person(s) in custody
- Distribute meals and medication
As of April 1, 2012, Rate of pay is $21.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. Guards who are willing to do light cleaning, snow removal from walkways, and lawn care will be compensated for these tasks. (no benefits or other compensation apply).
All applicants must pass a background and criminal record check and must obtain a valid first aid/CPR certificate.
TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED FOR SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS.
Interested applicants can call their local Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service detachment for more information.
Please submit your resume at your local detachment or fax to:
Northwest Office: 1-807-737-7331
Northeast Office: 1-705-272-6870